SparkAI is seeking a seasoned product marketer to lead category creation and market introduction. You will be joining at the cusp of our next inflection point, presenting a unique opportunity for outsized upside, impact, and upward growth potential.
SparkAI is the first to productize real-time solutions to the challenges uniquely faced by AI in the real world. We are creating a category, and for the right candidate – this is the opportunity they’ve been waiting for. The journey ahead will see us emerging from stealth, rapidly scaling go-to-market and sales efforts, and owning the vocabulary and conversation around this fundamental new building block in the AI/ML ecosystem. You will be a key driver of that journey.
WHO WE ARE
SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production.
Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the most ambitious teams to deliver groundbreaking automation products sooner than ever.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE
- Establish and lead the foundational marketing discipline at SparkAI
- Primary owner of SparkAI’s marketing strategy and product story, encompassing market positioning, messaging, narrative, and overall public discourse around SparkAI
- Establish and execute a long-term strategy for category development and ownership
- Own development of enterprise-grade, sales-enabling marketing materials, including branding, messaging, product sheets, case studies, white papers, and website
- Equal partner to sales and business development organizations in developing new vertical applications and key customer accounts
- Select and manage a coalition of external resources (ex. copywriter, designer, PR agency) to execute against marketing goals and deliverables
- Guide PR/press campaign that amplifies public presence
- Develop the foundation of an inbound demand generation engine, thoughtfully selecting the right mix of PR, paid marketing, and other promotion tools to drive high ROI results
- Drive industry awareness and stir excitement for SparkAI, especially at the upcoming critical juncture of emerging from stealth
- Identify new and alternative audience targeting opportunities to amplify the SparkAI reach (ex. developer communities, conferences, podcasts, publications, high-impact speaking opportunities, events)
- In collaboration with Sales, identify the right trade publications to enter and market in
- Create and manage the tools, content, systems, and metrics key to marketing and business development
- Team building – develop a hiring roadmap for how the marketing organization grows, and actively participate in team expansion
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated experience and success with strategic marketing programs in a SaaS, Enterprise, or B2B environment, preferably in the AI/ML/robotics space
- Hands-on experience creating enterprise-grade marketing materials, managing external marketing resources (ex. copywriter, designer, PR agency), and owning public and industry-focused messaging
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal teams to identify new opportunities and use cases, develop and execute marketing strategies, and ultimately generate demand and deliver results
- Strong ability to deeply understand customer needs and to craft focused, incisive messaging and initiatives that deeply resonate with targets and drives demand
- Creativity, ambition, and drive to seize the opportunity of shaping an entirely new category of automation and robotics enablement
- Passion, artistry, and eloquence in crafting and delivering creative and impactful marketing messages and materials
- A “doer” and a leader – willing to get hands dirty in execution and in the details alongside developing strategy and leading others
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and coordinate with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Self-starter with infectious enthusiasm, energy, and problem-solving abilities
- Out-of-the-box thinker who sees opportunities and solutions where others see roadblocks
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU
- Are driven to be an integral part of building a rapidly accelerating company
- Are excited about robotics, and the future of automation
- Are ready for the challenge of building unique solutions for innovative customers
- Are looking for an opportunity to drive immediate impact and own and development marketing discipline at Spark AI.
- Click below to send us your resume or Linkedin profile
- If we think you are a great fit, we’ll set up an introductory phone call with you. This will be an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we’ll set up a remote interview with our team; we understand your time is valuable and we will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you’ll hear from us within a week about an offer or next steps
- Even if you don’t think you’re a fit or the timing is right, we’d still love to hear from you!
- Paid coverage of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for all US employees
- Flexible, remote work environment with paid vacation time
- Remote working environment allows this role to be based anywhere in the United States
- Be an integral part of a high-energy, collaborative team that’s passionate about the future of automation and robotics
- High degree of responsibility and autonomy in your day-to-day, with tremendous growth opportunities
Compensation is market-competitive with a yearly cash base of $75,000 - $130,000 or greater based on experience and hiring geography. Compensation package will also include a comprehensive benefits package and equity.
SparkAI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Spark AI provides equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.