Spaero is looking for a talented Research Technician to join our growing team.
Biological products are transforming what we eat, what we wear, how and how long we live. Automation can supercharge the rate of discovering these game changing products. However, existing lab robots lack the software tools that scientists need to quickly and easily scale biological product development. That’s where we come in.
Spaero builds a software system that empowers scientists to dramatically scale the rate of biological product discovery by enabling fast and flexible lab automation.
We are backed by top tier investors and our experienced team is led by repeat founder Mitch Adler, who co-founded autonomous aerospace company Skyryse and was the first employee at industrial robotics software company Symbio Robotics.
- A flexible, hybrid-work environment with offices in San Francisco and Boston
- A team of talented individuals with clear and kind communications skills, guided by
- A high bar for quality and commitment to open-mindedness and personal growth
- Competitive salary and benefit options
- Opportunities and support for massive career growth
- A bachelor’s degree in the Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or a related field).
- Familiarity with basic laboratory techniques and equipment
- The ability execute standardized laboratory test protocols.
- Hands-on (bio)-lab experience conducting and documenting experiments.
- Knowledge of computers
- Good communication skills to work closely with our team as we collaboratively evolve our software stack/platform
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
Nice to have
- Experience working with liquid handling or robotics systems
- Experience and skills in creating, modifying, and troubleshooting robotics/automation scripts
- Experience programming and modifying code, such as Python or C++
What you'll do
- Conduct protocol testing on the liquid handling systems, which comprise a robotic actuator and vision systems.
- Keep a lab notebook
- Implement and carefully characterize novel liquid handling methods/protocols
- Ensure in-house liquid handlers and other instruments are functioning to the manufacturers’ specifications
- Develop, test and document InstallationQ/OperationQ/PerformanceQ documentation for our custom hardware modules/solutions
- Acquire datasets with our custom hardware modules to support hardware development.
- Gather, analyze and document test/characterisation data.
- Work independently, performing a variety of routine and non-routine protocols for diagnostic testing and determining whether results warrant repeating or modification