Spaero is looking for a talented Head of UX to join our growing team in San Francisco or Boston.
Spaero is a UX-driven company looking for a deeply empathetic, creative, and collaborative person to help us build superb experiences for scientists as Head of UX in either our San Francisco or Boston office.
Biological products are transforming what heals us, what we eat, what we wear, and how long we live. Automation can supercharge the rate of discovering these game changing products. However, existing lab robots lack the software tools that scientists need to quickly and easily scale biological product development. That’s where we come in.
Spaero builds a user-centered software system that empowers scientists to dramatically scale the speed and quality of biological product discovery by enabling fast and flexible lab automation. At Spaero, engineering follows design and not the other way around.
- A flexible, hybrid work company, with offices in San Francisco and Boston
- Competitive salary and benefit options with opportunities and support for massive career growth
- A talented team with clear and kind communications skills
- A high bar for quality and commitment to open-mindedness and personal growth
- 5+ years of design experience with relevant education
- PhD or Masters degree in HCI (or similar)
- You use mockup and prototyping tools (specifically Figma)
- You have demonstrated the ability to ship products
- Strong experience conducting UX research and practice
- You have the desire and ability to ‘get out of the building’ to meet users and other stakeholders where they are
- You have experience conducting various kinds of research: observation, contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, etc.
- You have the ability to concisely summarize actionable research findings for consumption by the rest of the company
- You have the ability to use research to drive conceptual and schematic design fit for engineering
- A strong sense of collaboration.
- You can work with others to move projects forward
- You can interpret stakeholder perspectives and incorporate them into the design
- Collaborate with our product team to understand business & market conditions
- ... and with our engineering and science teams to understand what can be built.
- Strong experience managing or mentoring a team of designers
What you'll work on:
Our vision revolves around a bold bet that hinges on providing excellent user experiences. To accomplish this we need a top-notch design leader to conduct user research and collaborate with other teams to design, build, and ship software with fantastic UX. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your passions for UX research and design to a tangible product.
- You will be responsible for user research and experience design for our first product releases and beyond.
- Understand the market, the team, and the product.
- Focus the entire development team (product, UX, science, engineering) around delivering the features that users need with the experience design they deserve.