SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER, PRODUCTION
As a Human Resources Business Partner at SpaceX supporting our production teams, you will be given the opportunity to partner with some of the most talented professionals in the world: executing people strategies to retain talent, coaching employees and managers on HR policies and guidelines and working to ensure the SpaceX mission is a constant reality for all employees. We serve as trusted professionals providing guidance and feedback to our client groups, driving efficiencies and best practices in a highly dynamic and fast-paced organization.
- Respond to employee inquiries, questions and complaints, and provide information, guidance and direction on employee relations issues, performance management, and other core HR functions
- Operate as a key business partner to employees, managers, directors and senior leaders on workforce analytics, organizational optimization, leadership development, and other strategic initiatives
- Work closely with the functional experts in HR (recruiting, training and development, compensation, and benefits) to ensure programs are optimized for the needs of your client groups and to shape SpaceX-wide programs
- Counsel and assist employees and managers, guided by the Company’s policies and relevant laws/regulations
- Facilitate internal transfers, oversee and facilitate promotion opportunities, conduct exit interviews, and identify trends to support retention, career development and to minimize risk for the business
- Work with managers and above to implement key HR recommendations and change efforts
- Assist with the creation, documentation, and implementation of human resources policies, programs, and processes
- Uphold standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Maintain employee files and process HR transactions in Workday
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of human resources experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a production or manufacturing environment supporting an hourly workforce
- Demonstrated success at building effective relationships
- Ability to lead with a positive attitude and approach challenges head-on
- Experience independently handling employee relations issues
- Familiarity with Greenhouse, UltiPro, and/or Workday
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgment to make decisions as well as organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated excellence thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Position occasionally requires long hours and some nights and weekends when needed
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the LA/Hawthorne, CA area
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
HR Business Partner/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
HR Business Partner/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.