SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION AND TEST ENGINEER (COMPOSITES)
Integration and test engineers are responsible for understanding every system on the composite payload fairing. Engineers on this team must have working knowledge of design, schematics, operations, manufacturing, testing, and flight. A successful integration and test engineer demonstrates engineering intuition and critical thinking, and is comfortable working under ambiguous or requirements with minimal oversight. Combining these skills, these engineers face challenges across a wide variety of work centers at the company, and the team is frequently asked to tackle new, inter-departmental development projects. The ultimate goal of the integration and test team is to ensure that payload fairing serves its purpose in delivering payloads to LEO, GTO and beyond.
- Manage vehicle integration build flow and test operations
- Evaluate proposed designs for manufacturability and integration
- Interface with both engineers and technicians to optimize manufacturing and automation
- Develop and refine manufacturing assembly procedures based on lessons learned
- Enable day-to-day execution of the vehicle integration and test flow
- Evaluate non-conformances to determine root cause and create actionable items and system improvements
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing or test environment (internship and project team experience is applicable)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with integration and testing of propulsion, thermal, electrical and/or structural systems
- Experience working with composites and integration of avionics systems
- Documentation and configuration management experience
- Experience writing test plans, procedures and providing go/no-go judgment and rationale
- Experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, comfort with ambiguity
- Some travel to our launch sites may be required as needed, up to 5%
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
- This position is very hands-on and requires one to be on their feet for extended periods of time, up to 4 hours at a time
- Will often work side by side with our technicians and will sometimes require working in tight areas with little room
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration & Test Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Integration & Test Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.