SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOURCING MANAGER, INDIRECT (CONSTRUCTION)
We are a progressive procurement organization pushing the boundaries of traditional procurement reputation and methodologies. We are looking for individuals who can think outside the box to achieve company objectives regarding value and partnerships with our suppliers. Our organization moves quickly, and you must too. SpaceX has the unique ability and desire to influence and shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality and delivery. This individual will support capital purchases and construction projects for the construction and facilities organizations.
- Work directly with key internal stakeholders to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support capital and construction projects
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services that support business unit requirement to maintain continuous cost reduction programs for controllable expenditures
- Create sourcing strategies to reduce risk and meet targets for the purchasing department including but not limited to payment terms, cash targets, on time delivery and cost savings
- Draft, negotiate, and manage capital and construction contracts from RFP through completion
- Management of contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations and understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business
- Perform project control tasks such as project budgeting and scheduling
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects including planning, coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, and project updates
- Create and implement related management programs to develop, continuously improve, manage the performance of, and monitor KPIs of the supply base
- Responsible for advanced quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for category managed
- Perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Source and onboard new suppliers to serve dynamic program with rapidly evolving business needs
reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs
- Place purchase orders and resolve blocked invoices related to assigned category
- Develop and lead efforts to reduce number of transactions and improve efficiencies for assigned category
- Resolve invoice issues and ensuring that vendors are paid on time
- Advanced degree and 3+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 9+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
- Construction, facilities, or industrial plant management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity or experience in purchasing or similar procurement related experience
- Familiarity or experience in industrial engineering, construction management, and/or facilities management
- Construction cost estimate experience
- Strong budget tracking and cost analytical skills
- Extensive project management and organizational skills
- Experience managing large scale industrial and commercial construction projects
- Strong contract negotiation and document management skills
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications (e.g. MS Office Suite, SQL, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to conduct all activities with the highest degree of integrity
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Must be able to travel - up to 20% work week travel may be required
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Brownsville, TX and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sourcing Manager: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.