SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN RELIABILITY ENGINEER (CENTRAL QUALITY)
As a supply chain reliability engineer, you would manage quality programs and systems, including qualification and deployment of inspection and test techniques and the management of associated quality data and records, in compliance with SpaceX Quality policies, industry and regulatory standards, and customer requirements. Lead cross functional risk activities to meet technical, production, and regulatory requirements in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking emerging leaders who can join teams and apply principles of quality engineering, data science and root cause analysis to simulate and resolve complex problems.
- Develop and improve quality processes and programs that will support Falcon, Dragon and Starship supply chains
- Identify and resolve product and program quality issues, including the review of product certification and customer-required documentation
- Utilize data-driven problem solving methods to improve key quality metrics such as internal and external PPM, scrap, and customer satisfaction
- Drive assessment of operations and identify opportunities for performance improvement through internal quality audits, environmental health & safety reviews, process oversights, etc.
- Drive root cause analysis and influence operations to take appropriate corrective actions based on assessments
- Coordinate and integrate complex projects which encompass multi-functional areas
- Monitor progress and direct teams to successfully achieve established budgetary and schedule constraints
- Work as part of a team to develop and manage strategy on reliability to mitigate future production risks and seize emerging opportunities to improve quality, safety
- Audit internal supply chain and identify reliability challenges within the organization, determine root cause, and develop appropriate solutions
- Communicate changes in quality policies and systems internally and to suppliers
- Develop and conduct appropriate change management and training programs
- Interface with customer and regulatory personnel conducting audit or surveillance visits of the facility
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing, process, or quality engineering role (including school projects, clubs, or internships)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience in using Excel, SQL, or Python/R for analysis or modeling dynamic systems
- Experience with CAD software, Power BI, and discrete event modeling tools
- Experience as an industrial, operations, process or manufacturing engineer in a developmental manufacturing environment
- Capable of seeking and solving complex problem and organizing it in a manner that helps decision-making
- Demonstrated experience in leading or working on a multi-disciplinary engineering problem
- Knowledge and mastery of principles of chemistry, engineering, fluid dynamics and mechanics of materials
- Practical experience in requirement and specification development
- Experience with quality systems (ISO 9000/AS9100/NADCAP/TS)
- Certified auditor to ISO9001/AS9100/NADCAP/TS
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt experience
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Must be able to travel – up to 10% work week travel may be required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Supply Chain Reliability Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Supply Chain Reliability Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.