SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced bartender looking to join our culinary team! SpaceX has a number of food service outlets and formats serving our workforce and are looking to add many more. We are searching for candidates who have superior mixology experience with a focus in resorts, bars, and full service restaurants.
- Prepare drinks, including hand crafted cocktail options, ensuring consistency and compliance with the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, and waste control guidelines
- Provide courteous and informative customer service while ensuring that assigned station is stocked and clean
- Follow restaurant guidelines concerning guest services, drink and physical safety, maintenance, and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all times
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment
- 2+ years of experience in mixology or cocktail preparation in a bar or restaurant
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Restaurant experience
- Experience preparing handcrafted cocktails in a resort environment
- Experience pairing drinks with a themed menu
- High volume experience
- Daily changing menu experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possession or willingness to obtain current or valid food handler’s card or equivalent
- Ability to work in a continuously-standing position for 4 or more hours
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- Ability to work with hands continuously: chop, stir, scrape, and scrub
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.