SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Starlink believes in providing fast, reliable internet to serve populations with little or no connectivity. We design, build, and launch the world's largest constellation of satellites, enabling us to operate a global internet network unbounded by traditional ground infrastructure limitations. Want to help build the next era of Internet?
We are looking for creative and driven test automation engineers to spearhead the development, automation, and manufacturing of millions of devices that we ship directly to customers (Starlink dishes, Wi-Fi routers, etc). Engineers on this team are curious, love to learn new things, and work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs as we strive to deliver high-impact technology on a massive scale.
- Design, activate, troubleshoot, and optimize automated production test lines. Depending on the project and engineer skillset, this could include activities like:
- 6DOF robot and conveyor selection and programming
- mechanical design of end effectors, pallets, test chambers, etc.
- automation harnessing and sensor schematics and layouts
- Own the definition and implementation of the most effective high-volume production tests with input from the electrical, antenna, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams
- Design testing tools and common test platforms that enable anyone on the team to run development tests that take new ideas from initial development to full scale production
- Automate testing and data analysis with software (Python) to accelerate our testing cadence and how quickly we can learn about our designs
- Root cause test failures to uncover new ways to increase product performance, reliability, and factory yield
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering, computer science or similar engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience full-cycle design, development, and prototype/manufacturing of a mechanical or electronic product (internship or extracurricular experience is applicable)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, communicate effectively, and work both independently and within a team
- Solid understanding of mechanical or electrical fundamental engineering principals
- Computer Aided Design experience with NX 12 or similar CAD software
- Software development experience in Python, C++, or related languages
- Industrial automation design experience with EPLAN and/or TwinCat 3
- Automation or testing in a high-volume manufacturing environment, including industrial robotics and PLCs
- Must be available to work extended hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.