SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS DEVELOPMENT TECHNICIAN
- Support avionics engineering with the rapid iteration of electronic components and harnesses
- Build high quality wire harnesses, PCBA rework, test rack/systems, electomechanical assemblies, engineering enclosures, and test fixtures
- Design and document test systems and wiring diagrams based on engineer selected test equipment.
- Work closely with engineering to bring an idea to reality
- Self-monitor work progress against area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes
- Interpret complex cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, and GD&T
- Perform verification of flight hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production run
- Assist with area efficiency improvement projects
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ year of experience manufacturing wire harnesses in commercial, automotive, or aerospace industry
- 1+ year of experience using electronics equipment (e.g. programmable power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- 1+ year of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree
- Experience in fast-paced production environment working with flight hardware
- Experience in a high production environment with hands on experience fabricating harness, electro-mechanical assemblies, or prototype development
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Experience with PCBA soldering including soldering down to 0402 packages and high density ICs, jumper install, and dead bugging
- Experience manufacturing and troubleshooting complicated test systems
- Experience with Atlassian tools including SVN, Confluence, and JIRA
- Basic knowledge of electronics theory and principles
- NASA STD 8739.4, IPC-620, and J-STD-001 qualifications
- Project management skills
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Ability to distinguish colors is required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.