SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As Telecommunications Counsel, you will help the business understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations in the United States and abroad.
- Advise the Starlink team on the laws, regulations, and policies that impact the business in the United States and foreign jurisdictions
- Ensure that the business is in compliance with all applicable legal requirements, including Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state Public Utilities Commission (PUC) requirements relating to the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF), satellite broadband and VoIP services, and consumer complaints
- Research and advise the Starlink team regarding other relevant legal issues such as cybersecurity, lawful intercept, and data retention, protection, and production
- JD or LLM from an ABA-accredited law school
- 5+ years of experience with U.S. federal and state regulatory compliance matters in the telecommunications industry
- Active bar membership in at least one state
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience working within a law firm telecommunications practice
- Knowledge of telecommunications business and regulatory issues outside of the U.S.
- Knowledge of broadband, ISP, and/or satellite industry practices
- Familiarity with RDOF, broadband, and VoIP regulatory issues and compliance
- Familiarity with lawful intercept and data retention/production requirements both domestically and internationally
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.