SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE ANALYST
We are seeking to hire a telecommunications regulatory compliance professional to support our Starlink business. Starlink uses a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites to deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As Regulatory Compliance Analyst, you will have a key role in helping the company ensure that it meets complex regulatory requirements in the United States and abroad.
- Manage compliance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state public utilities commission regulatory requirements that apply to broadband internet and VoIP services, including the FCC’s Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) requirements and compliance related to universal service, local number portability, Lifeline, E-rate and E911
- Work with internal stakeholders to create the systems necessary to generate the financial, traffic, customer and other data necessary for regulatory reports and payment of regulatory fees
- Manage customer complaint responses and resolutions
- Work with outside counsel and consultants on submitting reports and staying abreast of regulatory compliance requirements throughout Starlink’s service territory
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience with U.S. federal and state regulatory compliance in the telecommunications industry
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with software, databases and/or billing systems that enable access to the information that must be reported to regulatory agencies
- The ability to manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment and to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders about regulatory requirements
- Experience with telecommunications regulatory compliance in countries outside the United States
- Experience complying with warrants and other requests from law enforcement agencies
- Experience responding to customer complaints
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.