SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Information System Security Manager, Top Secret Cleared
SpaceX is looking for an experienced information security professional with a broad technical knowledge of information technology, and a proven track-record of managing the deployment, assessment, and accreditation of information systems in secure environments. This employee will be a member of the National Security Programs team and will have primary responsibility for ensuring the build-out, functional status, and maintenance of an information assurance program for multiple classified systems. The ideal candidate will flourish in a demanding and challenging environment with little direct guidance, but a high degree of responsibility and accountability. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess impeccable integrity to excel at this position. Innovation and creative problem solving skills are critical in order to drive improvements for traditionally rigid and less progressive sector.
- Plan and execute the build-out of information systems against government requirements and regulations, including NIST 800-53 and derivatives. Build analyses of these requirements/regulations against novel systems and technologies at SpaceX – identifying gaps, building plans to work them, and ultimately closing the gaps.
- Be the subject matter expert on government accreditation processes in classified spaces for a growing number of programs – understanding and communicating opportunities for efficiency as well as nuances where programs require dedicated resources.
- Be the go-to person for answering questions on process, timeline, and status of classified assets.
- Write policy, procedure, and standards on the proper secure deployment and maintenance of information technology systems for internal system management and technical guidance.
- Build and maintain relationships with government customers to keep open lines of communication as systems are built-out and accredited. Respond to requests for information in a thorough and timely manner.
- “Roll up your sleeves” to build out and deploy systems and applications in support of programs as necessary. Provide technical expertise on the function and utilization of these components.
- Report out to internal business owners and executive sponsors on status and timelines – both periodically and as independently requested.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems/IT, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience serving as an ISSO or ISSM.
- CISSP or other DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification in the Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III category.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of professional experience in technical roles such as an Information Security Engineer or IT Administrator.
- Knowledge of EM Security and TEMPEST standards.
- Understanding of ICD-503, Risk Management, Certification, and Accreditation processes.
- Experience with GRC tools and technologies such as XACTA.
- In-depth knowledge of computer networking, Windows systems management, and Linux systems management.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality.
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.