SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
EEE Components Engineer (Electrical, Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Components) – Supply Chain Engineering
SpaceX demands a new type of supply chain. We require our suppliers to provide premium quality with rapidly evolving designs at increasingly ambitious volumes. We are actively looking for candidates who possess comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing and quality tools and have unrelenting motivation to enable suppliers for success. This position will support our Starlink program and requires a combination of proven leadership and technical capabilities.
- Act as the engineering point of contact for all outsourced EEE components, e.g. Electrical, Electronic and Electro-mechanical components
- Manage EEE piece part certification of all interconnect components, including destructive analysis, reliability data collection, supplier field audits and overall maintenance of audit system
- Drive the selection and qualification of high quality EEE components for current and future SpaceX flight vehicles, includes advising designers on parts selection based on part reliability and manufacturing processes and participation in design reviews, DFM, DFx, and FMEAs
- Support prototype, pilot, and mass production activities at domestic and international vendors
- Partner with suppliers to develop the capability to perform processes unique to SpaceX, typically expanding their product line into new use cases
- Provide expert guidance on the resolution of non-conformances
- Assure supplier understanding of product and submission requirements
- Develop and approve process controls to control critical characteristics, e.g. application of APQP
- Recommend technical product improvements to reduce risks to quality and delivery, and potential defect opportunities
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems. Provide feedback as appropriate on manufacturing methods and technologies. Manage supplier improvement plans
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or other technical support as required
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues and to provide technical support
- Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction, and courage
- Drive for results and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with teams, lead projects, and continuously drive improvement in the supply base
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing or process engineering role
- 1+ years' experience in one or more of the following areas: semiconductor physics, physics of failure, accelerated testing, design for reliability, EEE component design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or business
- 2+ years of experience in high volume consumer products
- Experience in medium to high volume, high-complexity products and new product introduction
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing systems for electronic components
- Experience performing failure analysis and destructive physical analysis investigations to provide corrective actions and paths to closure
- Knowledge of accelerated test profiles for component-level screening and qualification testing
- Understanding of HALT/HASS test profiles and reliability assessments
- Technical capabilities including knowledge of 2D blueprints and model drawings
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes; Production Part Approval Process, Advanced Product Quality Planning, First Article Inspection Reports, etc.
- Disciplined approach to problem solving - 8D
- Proficient in MS Office applications and report writing
- Knowledge of lean concepts
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others; strong written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally, make presentations to team members and management
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.