SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCT SECURITY ENGINEER
We are looking for people passionate about defending SpaceX’s security, including enterprise systems, vehicle and ground software, and satellite constellation. If you are one of those people, you have the chance to be among the first to secure some of the world’s most innovative technology. You will guard our perimeter, defend our users, and harden our network.
It will be your responsibility to constantly research emerging attacks and threats; to create offensive and defensive tools and methodologies; and to evaluate risks from the everyday to the exotic.
If you seek a fast-paced environment, crave impact, love the hunt for vulnerabilities, and/or love the challenge of defense, SpaceX may be your next career step.
- Threat modeling, mitigation, validation, including software and hardware penetration testing
- Work with development teams to design security into the system and drive security reviews
- Develop tools to assist in modeling, analysis, detection, and prevention of security threats
- Secure the system while ensuring ease of use for the user and network operations
- High school degree or GED
- Experience in exploit development or mitigation
- Experience designing and implementing software in at least one software language, such as C, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions for operating and/or distributed systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Experienced in navigating large, complex, interactive systems
- Experience with disassemblers and/or reverse engineering
- Knowledge of security models and network protocol analysis
- Physical penetration testing experience
- Security operations experience
- Demonstrated skill in hardware and software security
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends if needed to meet critical deadlines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.