SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. NETWORK ENGINEER - (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented Sr. Network Engineer to join our Starlink Network Engineering team to help build and operate a network with global scale. You will be part of a team with significant impact on the service delivered to our customers around the world.
- Architect the evolution of Starlink’s network interconnections, network co-location sites and points of presence (POPs)
- Lead the technical design of how Starlink satellite assets will integrate with more traditional ground networks
- Lead projects to iteratively increase Starlink’s network performance
- Participate in the overall network automation epic by helping identifying candidate projects and providing technical leadership
- Assist in negotiating technical aspects of supplier and service provider contracts
- Mentor and train junior network engineers
- Cisco CCIE (or equivalent vendor certification) or 10+ years of Network Engineering Experience
- 5+ years of professional hands on experience operating a service provider network (at least 2 of which in a senior role)
- Operational experience in a Linux production environment
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Data center and WAN Connectivity (Ethernet, DWDM, Wireless P2P)
- Access network (GPON, DOCSIS, xDSL…)
- Switching & Routing
- Subscriber Management (BNG, RADIUS/AAA, QoS, BSS/OSS integration)
- Network security and Anti-DDoS measures
- Internet services (Subscriber provisioning, BRAS, DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Strong Familiarity with network health monitoring systems such as Observium, Solarwinds or Nagios
- Experience with hands-on experience bringing up network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Ability to run projects independently
- Experience working on wireless networks
- Experience working on software defined networking (SDN) and/or network function virtualization (NFV)
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.