SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR IT NETWORK ENGINEER
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Network Engineer with expertise in the networking technologies that support routing, switching, dynamic multicast, VoIP, SIP, cellular, Wifi, telemetry, etc. This employee will be a member of the IT Networking & Telecom team, which is responsible for maintaining a stable, reliable and diverse network. This network supports the designing, manufacturing and launching of rockets, spacecraft, satellites as well as human space flight. The position will be directly involved with expanding the campuses using our reliable design standards. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator, able to document work in a ticketing system, excel at multi-tasking, resolve issues to prevent failures and enjoy a fast-paced high-tech environment.
- Design, Implement, Manage, Document & Troubleshoot
- LAN / WAN / MAN / WLAN
- Cisco/Arista switches, routers, wireless and voice systems
- Data Centers and Comm Rooms
- Network Monitoring Systems
- Software Automation and Scripting
- Asset Management
- Network Documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or similar technical field of study +5 years of experience with hands on networking engineering experience OR 8+ years of network engineering experience without a degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expert understanding of the OSI model and network standards
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Cisco Catalyst and Arista data center class switches
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers or other wireless technologies
- Wave Division Multiplexing and Fiber Optics
- DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IP helpers, ARP, CDP, LLDP
- BGP routing
- Switch port security features
- Network monitoring tools
- Documentation and procedural installation
- Linux/Windows system administration
- CUCM cluster administration
- Industry standard certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.