SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK Wi-Fi)
SpaceX is looking for a senior software engineer to build the next generation Starlink Wi-Fi experience. You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support. The success of Starlink depends on the quality of the software that you and your team produce, from reliability to performance, fault tolerance, security, and user experience.
You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
- Design and implement correct, fault-tolerant code that operates for long periods of time with no maintenance on millions of devices.
- Write high quality embedded Linux and application software to efficiently and correctly handle diverse wireless clients and network protocols.
- Drive the direction of future wireless products, including mesh networks, in-flight and community wireless.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Build an amazing engineering culture by your actions, words, and mentoring.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 4+ years of experience in software development or 6+ years of professional experience in software development.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Developed, debugged, and deployed software that has been used in the real world.
- Experience with wireless and wired networking and MAC protocols.
- Experience with embedded systems and security.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of math, physics, RF, and networking.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing.
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.