SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER (WINDOWS SYSTEMS)
SpaceX is looking for an Information Security Engineer to join the Information Security Engineering Team to help protect and drive the SpaceX mission. Information drives our business and we must protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and processes across the enterprise. As a highly visible and dynamic organization, we must also value and guard against damage to our reputation and brand. Finally, it is paramount that we defend against loss of control or confidence in our systems, to guarantee the highest probability of success.
This role will focus on the relationship Windows systems and services have with SpaceX’s overall information security. The role will require interfacing our IT teams, user community, and internal Security partners to ensure that we provide the best possible protection well also addressing the various needs and concerns of the enterprise. This role will also partner with internal and external customer groups across SpaceX to ensure that the technologies that we purchase and deploy in-house are designed and maintained in a secure way that minimizes risk.
- Design and build security standards for Windows systems and applications. This could include work in:
- Security Policies and GPOs for clients and servers.
- User and group management through Active Directory
- Privileged Access
- Patching and maintenance
- Monitoring and configuration management
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Microsoft technologies within Information Security. Advise others on the security implications of their implementation and operation. Identify areas of improvement and growth through review of existing IT systems and technologies.
- Identify and provide technical evaluation of risk in the enterprise. Assist in the articulation and documentation of that risk. Discover, select, and implement technology and process solutions that mitigate those risks.
- Create solutions that are scalable, repeatable, maintainable and secure.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information security, computer science, engineering, math or similar technical field of study 4+ years of information security, networking and/or systems administration experience; or 6+ years of information security experience without a degree
- Experience building and deploying enterprise Windows systems
- Experience with a programming or scripting language, such as C#, Python, or PowerShell
PREFERRED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Strong grasp of Windows system internals and configuration standards.
- Ability to interface with vendors and internal stakeholders to diagnose and troubleshoot problems, as well as consult on architectural design and configuration changes.
- Experience automating work-flows and streamlining processes in the security space.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, evolving environment.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.