SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PCB DESIGNER (STARLINK)
You will be a member of the team responsible for printed circuit board design and associated technologies for Starlink. You are a self-starter, team player, and have the hunger to venture into unknown areas. You have the ability work cohesively within the engineering team on-site in Hawthorne, California and partner remotely with the PCB design team in Redmond, Washington.
- Determine layer stack up, perform component package selection, component placement, routing feasibility studies, and signal routing of digital, analog, RF and power conversion of printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Library creation and maintenance
- Create and release documentation for fabrication of PCBs
- Collaborate with internal teams and PCB vendors to continually improve design rules, constraints and design for test and manufacture guidelines
- Utilize PCB design tools, maintain and evaluate new tools, and train team members to use tools
- 3+ years of professional experience with PCB layout or bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other technical or science discipline
- 2+ years of experience with PCB layout and routing in one or all of the following areas: modern passive and active electronics components, surface-mount, RF components, ball-grid array and similar fine pitch, or high pin density components
- 1+ years of experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management
- Demonstrated understanding of design for manufacturability, assembly, and test
- Experience with Mentor Xpedition and/or Altium Designer (Mentor Xpedition preferred)
- Experience with layout of mixed analog and digital designs, high speed buses, FPGA, DRAM and CPU designs, power supplies, DC-DC converters, transmission lines, impedance controlled traces and power traces
- Experience with MIL-STD, commercial and IPC standards and design
- Experience monitoring industry-wide parts
- Ability to visualize component placement and interconnectivity
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.