SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINING TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP)
The propulsion components team develops the most advanced spacecraft and launch vehicle components in the world. As a machining technician, you will deburr, polish, clean, passivate and package valve and actuator components designed for maximum reliability in extreme environments, with temperatures ranging from +900F to -400F and pressures beyond 10,000 psig. You will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of quality and will directly interface with assembly and test technicians, inspectors and machinists in the Starship components machine shop.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment, or Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license, or National Tooling & Machining Association (NTMA) license
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of deburr experience using various post-processing techniques with manual and automated equipment
- Knowledge of CNC
- Experience using various measuring instruments: micrometers, calipers, profilometers, and borescopes
- Ability to read and work off of a blueprint
- Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting, and exposure to typical shop chemicals (coolant, solvents, cleaners) are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.