SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NETWORK ENGINEER (CALEA/LAWFUL INTERCEPT)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a network engineer with experience in CALEA/lawful intercept to join our Starlink Network Engineering team to help build and operate the technologies for our lawful intercept capabilities and requirements. You will be part of a team with significant impact on the service delivered to our customers around the world.
- Participate in the overall design of lawful intercept global capabilities for Starlink
- Evaluate and select partners and vendors to ensure Starlink Network is compliant with all regional lawful intercept requirements
- Manage and expand lawful intercept assets and systems globally
- Contribute to maintain excellent uptime and performance of the Starlink ground network, including lawful intercept subsystems
- Assist in architecting how Starlink satellite assets will integrate with more traditional ground networks
- 2+ years of network engineering experience
- 2+ years of professional hands on experience implementing and operating lawful intercept systems at a service provider network in the USA or abroad
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of lawful intercept requirements and systems for service provider networks
- Experience with CALEA for mobile or fixed networks
- Strong technical understanding of service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Connectivity (Ethernet, GPON, DOCSIS, LTE, WiFi,, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Switching and Routing
- Subscriber Management (BNG, RADIUS/AAA, QoS, BSS/OSS integration)
- Internet services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with network health monitoring systems such as Observium, Solarwinds or Nagios
- Experience with hands-on work in bringing up and maintaining a network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Ability to run projects independently
- Cisco, Juniper or other industry certifications
- Must be willing to travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.