SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (MERLIN)
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware.
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers.
- Hands-on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies.
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions.
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction.
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document activities.
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Perform hydro and pneumatic testing.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of experience with fluids, mechanical, or electrical hardware.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted.
- Must be willing to travel up to 5%.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.