SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS ENGINEER (STARLIK PRODUCTION)
As the Starlink manufacturing strategy evolves to support commercial scale volumes, we must develop a cohesive quality system to effectively manage signals from production to drive improvements through the design phase, supply chain, and operations. We are actively looking for candidates that can help develop and implement system tools that will drive efficiency and improvement across all aspects of the Production.
This position requires a combination of proven leadership and technical capabilities. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of data analytics and manufacturing operations, with the desire and capability to take on new challenges in unfamiliar areas to help enable our mission to Mars.
- Develop, standardize and continuously improve key process indicators and other production metrics
- Identify, monitor, and communicate trends to broader production, supply chain, and engineering teams.
- Review and analyze gathered data to identify opportunities for efficiency gains and drive improvement for both supplier and internal processes.
- Plan and implement production optimization/continuous improvement projects
- Work with broader EIS team to support production-facing ERP enhancements
- Create reports and maintain regular reporting rhythms with supply chain reliability and leadership teams
- Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction and courage
- Drive for results and customer satisfaction by collaborating with teams, leading projects and continuously driving improvements in production
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or operations/supply chain management
- Professional experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Grafana)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in industrial and systems engineering, operations or supply chain management
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and use data to drive systemic improvements for the business.
- Ability to analyze data and check for accuracy/errors in dataset based on process and system knowledge
- Understanding of business concepts relating to manufacturing and quality (new product introduction, process variation, Lean manufacturing, root cause and corrective action, capacity analysis, MRB, OEE, first pass and true yield, etc.)
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems
- Experience working in and maintain databases relevant to company processes
- Proficient in identifying system enhancement opportunities, understanding end user requirements, and the ability to translate requirements needs into design requirements
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others across organizational lines, internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to make presentations to engineering, team members, internal customers and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team in a highly demanding and fast paced environment
- Willing to work extended hours, some nights and weekends when required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.