SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL GATEWAY SITE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
SpaceX is building and deploying a worldwide fleet of gateway ground station antennas to support the SpaceX Starlink internet. The Starlink gateway ground stations make up the internet interfacing backbone of the Starlink network. Our site engineering team owns developing gateway antenna sites globally, developing corporate partnerships domestically and abroad, business development strategy and supplier partnership engagement. Our team works with internal and external regulatory teams, engineering teams, technician teams, and business teams to facilitate and plan site acquisition, build, and deployment. The site engineering team is responsible for developing the vendor relationships and process that facilitate the integration of SpaceX orbital internet infrastructure with the broader terrestrial internet.
- Responsible for domestic and international business partnership engagement
- Own the business result of global gateway site acquisition and partnership development, synchronizing timing with Starlink service roll-out in every region
- Coordinate site acquisition work across all internal SpaceX contracting, legal, regulatory, engineering, and technician teams
- Collaborate and advise on domestic and international business strategy to inform strategic business relationship structure
- Develop standardized customer interface documents, presentations and protocols
- Assess candidate ground station technical feasibility using established engineering tools and protocols to achieve site engineering requirements
- Coordinate with vendor, third party contractors, and internal teams to arrange permitting, construction, and deployment of sites
- Provide short term tactical and long term scheduling actions, tools, and automation to entire gateway organization to facilitate efficient international gateway establishment process
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Professional experience in a technical project management, business strategy or regulatory role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience handling maintenance planning and reliability assessment for a high quantity system of products such as a factory
- 2+ years of regulatory experience
- 2+ years of experience developing ground stations
- Business development experience
- Extreme trouble shooting and problem solving skill sets
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to deliver results expediently with a high sense of urgency
- Self-starting, able to identify areas for improvement with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.