SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The Supply Chain Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and improving the business processes and associated software that enable SpaceX to design, build, launch, and reuse the most advanced rockets in the world. This engineer seeks to eliminate inefficiencies and constantly questions the status quo without sacrificing data or product reliability. You will help architect and automate many supply chain processes across SpaceX. You will also drive business change and innovation by providing business insight based on the vast amount of system data. The Systems Engineer role is instrumental in automating and streamlining SpaceX Supply Chain operations to help restore human spaceflight to US soil in 2020 as well as those for future Mars missions.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on an inspiring mission.
- Design, develop, and continuously improve software solutions enabling supply chain mission success including supply base strategic sourcing, material requirements planning, inventory management, materials movement management, nonconforming hardware management, manufacturing and assembly, product traceability, rocket reusability and maintenance, and other critical business/production systems.
- Develop business use cases and software requirements for improvements to our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Develop standardized metrics for supply chain and production organizations.
- Facilitate and drive root cause analysis and corrective action using tools such as 5 Why, 8D, Apollo Root Cause, A3, Fishbone / Ishikawa diagrams, etc.
- Develop, review, and approve procedures ensuring completeness, accuracy, regulatory and customer compliance, and quality objectives.
- Deliver customer-required documentation and support customer interface as required.
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as responsible engineer for various software platform systems
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Deep dive into your customers’ problems, find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Collaborate across disciplines including Engineering, Production, Test, Launch Mission Operations, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Supply Chain, Mission Management, Customer Contracts, Quality, Human Resources, and Management to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, manufacturing engineering, aerospace engineering, industrial engineering or electrical engineering
- 2+ years of software systems engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full-stack, production-quality application development experience strongly preferred
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Python, C#, Java, etc
- Knowledge of RDBMS, preference for MS SQL Server/Transact-SQL, bonus points for PostgreSQL
- Comfortable with command line interface and Linux operating systems
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, both independently and with a team
- Project management experience, particularly related to creating or overhauling cross-functional business processes in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, Plotly, Dash or other data visualization tools
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis tools such as Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), regression analysis, and Minitab (or similar)
- Working knowledge of machine learning and data science fundamentals including regression, classification, loss functions, deployment, model drift, and business applications
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR HERE.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000