SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RESORT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SpaceX is committed to developing revolutionary space technology, with the ultimate goal of enabling people to live on other planets. Boca Chica Village is our latest launch site dedicated to Starship, our next generation launch vehicle. SpaceX is committed to developing this town into a 21st century Spaceport. We are looking for a talented Resort Development Manager to oversee the development of SpaceX's first resort from inception to completion.
- Manage the design, architecture and construction of the project.
- Provide the final cost and schedule for the project and implement cost controls.
- Obtain all city, county, governmental approvals and coordinate all of the field work, act in the capacity of a project superintendent.
- Coordinate and confirm the project specifications with the user and maintain the quality and workmanship of the project.
- Expedite and resolve issues that may occur during construction and track all project changes.
- Complete the project closeout package including the generation of the punch list, “as built” plans, O&M booklets, city approved plans and inspection cards.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years experience in construction project management.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience working for high end brand luxury development.
- Experience developing in areas with no previous infrastructure.
- Safety training and/or safety certifications.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed (up to 10% travel).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.