SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER (COMPONENTS)
Within the Components Test team, Test Automation Engineers design, build, and implement test systems to support development, qualification, and acceptance testing of flight hardware. The creation of automation and controls software to manage data flow to/from test equipment as well as hardware control remains a key component of our future success. The team is looking for software focused talent to help further develop our testing infrastructure and tools to advance our effort.
- Define new software requirements for integration into existing software applications
- Develop and maintain technician and engineer facing applications necessary to support reliable, scalable, and autonomous testing using various languages (primarily Python)
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for testing operations
- Collaboration with teams across organizations in order to provide features requiring system integration and shared data resources
- Perform functional verification of software capability against defined system requirements
- Exercise effective project and time management skills to scope, track, and execute projects
- Effectively communicate (in writing and orally) with team and leadership
- Maintain a positive, can and will do attitude in order to meet challenges as encountered
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (electrical, computer, mechanical) or computer science
- 2+ years’ experience in a software focused role (including internships, design/build/compete project teams)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline or computer science
- Python programming experience
- Experience with agile development tools: Atlassian products (Jira, Stash, Confluence)
- Experience with National Instruments hardware (e.g. compact chassis and related instrumentation cards)
- Design of intuitive and end-user focused graphical user interfaces
- Experience with test instrumentation, testing, and data review/analysis
- Experience with numerical methods and statistical analysis
- Experience using and creating APIs
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience writing automated unit tests
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.