SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CERTIFICATION ENGINEER (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for a talented, creative, and driven certification engineer to help with the homologation of millions of consumer-facing devices that will sit in our customers’ homes.
- Determine certification requirements of consumer products for global markets
- Guide product development towards meeting certification requirements
- Manage third party execution of certifications testing
- Work alongside engineering teams to help guide product design decisions
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience managing product certifications for safety, EMC, radio and/or environmental compliance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience managing product certifications
- Experience launching a high volume manufactured consumer product
- Bachelor or master's degree in electrical engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Outstanding project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding startup atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work extended hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.