SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (SIMULATION SOFTWARE, TOP SECRET CLEARANCE)
As a Software Engineer on the Simulations team, you will design, develop, and test our in-house simulation software supporting all SpaceX flight systems. You will program the core simulation infrastructure and collaborate on the building of models of fluids, electronics, and multi-body physics systems. This is a high impact role where you will work across the engineering groups to build high fidelity simulations used to develop cutting-edge software and hardware. SpaceX is looking for smart, motivated software engineers who enjoy taking on complex challenges, work well in dynamic environments and care about software best practices.
Our simulation software is critical to future mission successes and we have no shortage of interesting challenges that require innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
- Develop high-fidelity simulation software for all vehicles.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo.
- Improve reliability and performance of simulation software.
- Work with simulation software users to develop new features and improve user experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 3+ years of experience in software development OR 5+ years of experience in software development without a degree .
- 2+ years of experience in C++.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong software design and development skills.
- Thorough knowledge of physics and math.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively.
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.