SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS PRODUCTION QUALITY SPECIALIST
The Avionics Quality Specialist will have a key role in our Avionics production work centers. Our Avionics Quality Specialists are always on the shop floor and have a direct impact on manufacturing and quality processes, so we look for technical, hands-on people who are passionate about building awesome products.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent technical understanding of avionics electronic assemblies and quality inspection.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and step into chaotic situations, using technical knowledge and quality principles to understand the current state and determine the constructive path forward.
- The ability to succinctly communicate status and needed action, often urgently, to all levels of the organization.
- Leadership to guide teams in creating and refining improvement ideas, communicating the benefits to influence stakeholders, and execute actions to deliver results aligned to SpaceX Quality Policy.
- Responsible for critical characteristic control of PCB Assembly and SMT production capabilities.
- Data analysis of Aegis/AOI/X-ray/Functional results to identify early indicators of process variation, determine input parameter controls and implement process SPC.
- Lead RCCA process; root cause analysis, product containment, recommend and support the implementation of corrective actions that are necessary to reduce or eliminate recurring non-conformances.
- Bachelors of science in engineering/quality field or minimum of 4 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Inspection in aerospace or military or high-volume manufacturing sector.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge in visual inspection of PCBs, PCBA and other electronic assemblies including inspection of soldered SMT connections, conformal coating, staking, hardware, mechanical, etc.
- Experience with applying PFMEA / FMECA methods and statistical process control.
- Experience bringing processes from development to production.
- Experience with NASA-STD-8739 series and/or J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-620 standards.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems standards (AS9100 and ISO 9001) and Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, shop floor management software (ERP/MRP) and related programs.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with flight quality hardware.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 10% travel.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.