SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As a Logistics Supervisor, you will ensure that SpaceX transports high-quality products, on time, every time. You will be responsible for supervising all functions of the Logistics Technician Team, including facilities management, performance planning, and product related functions. You will help develop a team that is capable of achieving throughput and quality that push beyond the boundaries of “industry standard”.
- Coordinate and steer the collective efforts of all Logistics Technicians
- Daily operational management of a team of up to 15+ Logistics Technicians
- Manage shipping requests, distribute tasks and provide support to both internal Hawthorne and Launch Site / Test Facility demands
- Utilize master production targets to coordinate resources ensuring teams and transport hardware/equipment are available and are in ship-ready condition
- Interface with area leadership and prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals
- Schedule risk identification and mitigation
- Coordinate support organization efforts to minimize production interruptions
- Ensure shipping quality and conformance to specifications
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement
- Establish and analyze area metrics for trend extrapolation to drive the following:
- Personnel training and development
- Development and implementation of efficiency improvement projects
- Optimization of shipping procedures and quality
- Root cause analysis and the implementation of corresponding corrective action plans
- Reduction of downtime for personnel
- Lead efforts to transition product from final integration to test and launch facilities
- Review work-orders and technical data to provide constructive feedback to engineering/design community
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a transport environment or 7 years in general-logistics environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree
- Heavy rigging experience
- Knowledge and certification in HAZMAT regulation
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total transportation costs
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret controlled documentation and processes such as: fixture diagrams, hardware drawings, mechanical drawings, work-order procedures / work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists
- 1-2 years working with DOT/CFR regulations and development experience
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 30% travel
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Experience preferred in fast-paced production environment with flight quality hardware
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.