SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Internal Communications Manager
SpaceX is seeking a talented, self-driven individual for a position as Internal Communications Manager. As a key member of the team, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of internal communications and employee engagement strategies. This role will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to support key initiatives. The successful candidate is a strategic thinker with a can-do attitude, exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where no problem is too great and no detail too small.
This position is based out of our Hawthorne, CA headquarters.
- Lead, develop, and execute strategic internal communications programs that align with SpaceX’s priorities as well as shapes employee engagement and culture
- Work closely with senior executives to ensure all employees are well-informed of the company’s goals, milestones, and engagement activities
- Collaborate across divisions to identify communications gaps and opportunities
- Draft, edit, and publish content, including key internal and external announcements
- Serve as the main day-to-day manager of internal communications on SpaceX’s intranet
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year university or college
- 5+ years of professional experience in business/organizational communications
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in internal communications
- 10+ years of experience in communications or public relations
- Must possess impeccable writing skills, with attention to detail and ability to communicate information to multiple audiences
- Ability to quickly grasp and synthesize complex issues
- Established skills in strategic and critical thinking, decision-making, negotiation, and relationship-building
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on a number of projects simultaneously
- Experience with intranet platforms
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented team environment
- Available to travel to SpaceX locations on occasion (<10%)
- Ability to share writing samples and examples of previous internal communications campaigns
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.