SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars. SpaceX’s Starlink program is one aspect of that enabling technology. Using its unique and nearly unlimited access to space coupled with strong engineering talent base, SpaceX’s Starlink architecture is unmatched and we will serve as a vital tool in executing on the company’s mission by not only connecting the world but by also generating the revenue stream to enable human life on Mars.
DIRECTOR OF ENTERPRISE SALES, STARLINK
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. We are currently building the foundational teams that will support enterprise sales and our consumer go to market strategy. As a Director of Enterprise Sales, you would report to the Vice President of Starlink and Commercial Sales, and would be a critical member determining Starlink’s early corporate partnerships. You will lead the charge on one or more enterprise verticals and will partner with our technical teams to respond to specific customer needs. You’ll work with a broad degree of autonomy and be key in Starlink’s success
- Develop and manage Starlink’s enterprise relationships in one or more verticals including Maritime, Aviation, Telecom, Energy, Oil and Gas, Mobile, and Foreign Governments.
- Utilize professional selling and business development techniques combined with product knowledge to identify, propose, negotiate and close on Starlink enterprise services deals.
- Support a minimum of 50% travel in support of designated sales vertical.
- Gather customer requirements and work with the product engineering team to iterate on and improve Starlink product offerings.
- Represent SpaceX in various forums and impart detailed information about SpaceX.
- Bachelor’s degree with a business or technical focus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sales or business development role.
- Independently motivated “hunter” with a demonstrated track record of pursuing and closing complex deals.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude for the products you’ve supported.
- Experience working with one or more of our noted enterprise sales verticals.
- Established networks of contacts across one or more of the enterprise sales verticals.
- Strong understanding of satellite communication technologies.
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues.
- Completed sales training coursework in Miller Heiman’s Strategic Selling, or a similar program.
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to consider relocation to Hawthorne, California or commit to being in Hawthorne at least one week per month when not on company travel.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.