SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TECHNICAL TRAINER (EHS SAFETY)
A Technical Trainer is driven by the fundamental belief that education and knowledge are power, but a SpaceX Technical Trainer combines that belief with a strong sense of urgency, creativity, and resourcefulness and loves opportunities for hands-on application. You would bring applicable industry experience to the table and will be armed with strong communication skills and an innovative problem-solving ability.
- Train and certify SpaceX technicians for: confined space entry, HAZMAT general awareness, lock out tag out, respiratory protection, crane operator (including rigging), fork lift truck and aerial platform usage.
- Liaise with EHS to ensure all training meets OSHA safety requirements.
- Liaise with contract company to coordinate equipment rental agreements and ensure all equipment used for training is safe for use and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Create course materials, such as PowerPoints, student handouts, and tests for instructor-led programs with student assessments.
- Schedule training classes to meet customer demand.
- Travel to all site locations as and when required to fore fill site training requirements.
- Lead training modules (classroom and online) for SpaceX personnel on a variety of technical topics.
- Engage production management, engineering, quality, EHS and subject matter experts to gather required technical information on complex manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Monitor human error trends as a result of training to assess training impacts and provide solutions to demonstrate a downward trend.
- 3+ years of training experience within a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with one or more of the following: confined space entry, HAZMAT general awareness, lock out tag out, respiratory protection, crane operator (including rigging), fork lift truck and aerial platform usage.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Excellent oral and written training/communication skills.
- Proficiency with the development of training programs and materials, including student assessments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013 or later.
- Demonstrated experience as a team-oriented self-starter, eager to meet and exceed objectives, with the ability to handle a multi-project environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production processes and systems (e.g. workflow, QMS, safety, using software applications, etc.)
- Position will require flexibility in working hours and weekend work.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.