SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. COMPONENT ENGINEER
- Evaluate qualification data, reliability data, and process control data to ensure that parts used in SpaceX projects are reliable, effective, and suitable for the application
- Give part selection, screening, qualification, and guidance to design engineers
- Develop and present approval rationale and reliability risk assessments to SpaceX customers
- Review and evaluate manufacturer submitted Level 3 PPAPs for effectiveness and completeness to address the necessary reliability testing and failure mechanisms for EEE parts
- Interface with manufacturer’s to obtain and discuss data needed to evaluate the part for approval and ongoing approval maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, reliability engineering, or other technical discipline
- 6+ years of experience with device qualification and test methods
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, reliability engineering, or other technical discipline
- Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) grade and automotive grade EEE parts
- Experience with accelerated reliability testing, reliability math, physics of failure, failure analysis, destructive physical analysis, and EEE part specific failure modes and mechanisms
- Wafer/die level and package level evaluation experience
- Experience with JEDEC, AEC-Q100, AEC-Q101, and AEC-Q200 industry standards, and PPAPs (DFMEA, PFMEA, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Cpk data, etc.)
- EEE manufacturer auditing experience
- Experience with product development, pre-production activity, and product life cycle
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.