SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HARDWARE TEST ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Starlink is Spacex’s ambitious program to bring high quality internet to the globe by building a constellation of thousands of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) which we launched on our Falcon 9 reusable rockets earlier this year. We are developing millions of devices for end users to link our customers to our satellites. As a hardware test engineer on the Starlink team, you will be responsible for the implementation and verification of the entire electrical system for this customer-facing hardware. You will interact regularly with senior leadership to influence the fundamental operation of our constellation and network while collaborating with electrical, silicon, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams to steer this project from initial concept development to full-scale production.
- Rapidly create design validation and production validation test solutions (DVT/PVT) for our high volume consumer electronics for communicating with our satellites
- Write automation software in Python to interact with units under test, test equipment, instrumentation, and documentation systems
- Root cause test failures to ensure issues are fully understood and to provide design recommendations for the product to increase reliability and yield
- Perform statistical analysis of test results to anticipate issues and identify trends
- Partner with electrical, antenna, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- Experience rapidly designing test solutions for electronics
- Programming experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of experience with test equipment and measurement techniques to validate product requirements
- 1+ years of experience analyzing electrical schematics to develop test plans, improve test coverage and root cause issues
- 1+ years of experience automating tests and visualizing test results
- 1+ years of experience working with environmental testing such as HALT/HASS, thermal, vibration, shock, humidity, climatic
- 1+ years of professional experience testing, troubleshooting and debugging electronics (consumer electronics, servers, networking equipment, etc)
- 1+ years of experience testing products to meet internal, IEC, ETSI, EU and international standards
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (Python, spice, C/C++)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.