SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. PCB DESIGNER
Apply skills and expertise as a Sr. PCB Designer in challenging projects and contribute to the innovative growth of SpaceX. Work with electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers to produce printed circuit board designs integral to launch, flight, and landing of SpaceX craft. The ideal candidate will have a passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Produce printed circuit board designs for Avionics supporting launch vehicles and spacecraft
- Work closely with design engineers to implement high-speed mixed signal designs applying established standards and guidelines
- Interface with Manufacturing to produce designs that meet DFM guidelines
- 8+ years of professional experience in PCB design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional experience using Altium Designer
- Ability to determine work priorities based on broad direction from management. Requires limited tactical guidance and helps determine own strategic priorities. Typically provides a leadership role for the group through advanced knowledge in his/her area of specialization
- IPC CID, CID+ certification
- Proficient in high-density/high-speed design
- Proficient with signal integrity design techniques
- Experience with low noise design and minimization of EMI/EMC
- Experience with RF and split analog/digital designs
- Designed for thermal reduction and high-vibration environments
- Demonstrated understanding of Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and Design for Testability
- Experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management
- Familiar with both MIL-STD and commercial components
- Software scripting experience for use in Altium Designer
- Working knowledge of Valor NPI
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.