SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of compressed air, vacuum, natural gas, nitrogen, heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes
- Troubleshoot and service commercial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Install various pressure vessels to OSHA certification standards
- Assemble, service and install particulate filters, regulators, separators, coalescing filters, various PSI/GPM/CFM monitoring devices and in line desiccant dryers
- Keeping track of several projects progress simultaneously via our work order system and being ready to respond quickly to emergencies
- Responsible for maintenance/repairs of all facility air compressors and vacuum pumps and all related plumbing systems
- Installing/troubleshooting complex pneumatic and production vacuum systems
- Perform hands-on shop work and / or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, and reassembly of pumps, and possibly other mechanical equipment
- Interface with other departments personnel to perform hands-on shop and / or on-site pump troubleshooting / assessment, maintenance, testing (pre / post), and / or repair of pumps, and other mechanical equipment
- Ensure work and used materials are in compliance with manufacturer specifications
- Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality
- Perform failure assessments and make recommendations to the supervisor as required
- Perform day to day and routine safety observations and inspections
- Minimum of 10 years of Industrial plumbing, compressed air and vacuum pump experience, in a commercial environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solid working knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans, working drawings, conforms to job site safety requirements as well as the ability to complete company safety specific orientation.
- Thorough knowledge of materials, equipment, methods and tools of the plumber's trade
- Basic Mechanical and Electrical knowledge
- Can complete plumbing, preventive maintenance and any/all repairs with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with many departments and fellow employees
- Able to operate a fork lift, scissor lift, pallet jack, work truck and overhead crane
- Experience performing maintenance, installs and repairs on either: An air compressor, centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps, rotary pumps or vacuum pumps is a plus.
- Able to read, interpret and understand technical language in specifications, schematics and blueprints
- Skill in reading technical instructions related to the trade in order to comprehend written work instructions, equipment operating instructions, and/or other documents related to the job functions
- Able to work in a manufacturing atmosphere safely and follow safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of pressure, temperature and other operating conditions and the ability to service pumps in a production environment
- Analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems
- Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to generate service reports and communicate within the company including skills to navigate web-based service literature and programs
- Able to stand, crawl, walk, and stoop; push, pull and lift or lower objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work under adverse conditions e.g., dirty, noisy, or confined spaces etc.
- Must have a good attitude, willing to learn, flexible and be a self-starter
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.