SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SMT TECHNICIAN - STARLINK
- Independently program, set up and run a complete SMT line.
- Maintain and/or perform minor repairs of manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to: pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machine, AOI machines, x-rays, parts towers, coating machine, and hand tools/fixtures. This also includes the downloading of programs into machinery, performing setup adjustment, feeder setup and change over and inspecting product during production runs.
- Run NPI (New Product Introduction) software and troubleshoot component definitions, feeder assignments and all other functions required to set up a first-time run on the placement equipment.
- Creating and maintaining equipment work instructions.
- Maintaining maintenance log schedules.
- Coordinating with SMT area to ensure maintenance is performed on time.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers or reps in a professional manner.
- Coordinate product DOAs and maintain log.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering department with clerical help.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2 years of experience setting up, programming and operating SMT equipment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience setting up, programming and operating SMT equipment, including Automated Optical Inspection (AOI).
- IPC-J-STD-001 certification and/or IPC-A-610 certification.
- Experience performing minor repairs on pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machines, x-ray machines, parts towers, and coating machines.
- Experience downloading perform minor repairs on pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machines, x-ray machines, parts towers, and coating machines.
- Experience running flying probe test programs.
- Experience using myData SMT machines.
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.