SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Perform structural design/analysis calculations for structural steel, concrete and foundations
- Create design drawings and specifications
- Create analysis and or inspection reports
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners, and clients
- Provide direct onsite structural inspections and field observations
- Resolve design conflicts in the field in real time
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional experience in structural engineering design and drafting
- Professional Engineering (PE) or Structural Engineering (SE) license
- Knowledge of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) steel manual, American Concrete Institute (ACI) code 318, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) 7, and International Building Code (IBC)
- Experience creating structural construction drawings in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Excel, STAAD Pro, Solidworks or similar design program
- Knowledge of construction means and methods
- Knowledge of processes of governing permitting agencies such as building departments and/or environmental agencies
- Understanding of other disciplines, such as, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, and surveying
- Heavy rigging experience both in analysis and application
- Experience with cost and schedule management of construction project
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings
- Experience designing constructing and inspecting structures and foundations
- Project management experience overseeing commercial construction or general contractor experience
- Experience with at least three of the following project delivery phases: 1) conceptual layout, 2) engineering design and development, 3) request for proposals/quotes, contract issue, 4) supervision of construction to completion, 5) work punch lists and certificate of occupancy (CO) with building official
- Prior experience leading a crew of employees or contractors and experience conducting business with subcontractors
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding blueprints and technical manuals and reports
- Sound communication skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.