SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN – STARLINK GATEWAY
The assembly technician is responsible for mechanical and electrical assembly of Starlink Gateway antennas from the ground up. These antennas connect to the Starlink satellite network to globally provide reliable and affordable broadband internet services.
- Mechanical/Electrical assembly of Gateway antenna
- Building of small electrical sub-assemblies
- Installing wire harnessing
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document activities
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Running functional testing on units
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with industrial electrical and/or electronic wiring or harnessing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with hand and power tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Occupational trade school qualification in an electrical based field
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding & problem resolution
- Meticulous attention to detail with hands-on work
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical & electrical drawings, manuals and reports. Experience navigating assemblies in 3D CAD
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.