SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Help SpaceX achieve its long-term goal of creating the world’s first fully automated launch system
- Work as a part of an interdepartmental team to develop a large scale ground operations simulation tool. This position’s role is in the development of real-time internal flow, compressible and incompressible fluid systems component and network models using internal software
- Working directly with other teams to develop automation solutions to improve the handling and integration of SpaceX’s rockets and spacecraft.
- Develop a significant reduction in launch timeline via automated data analysis
- Assist in the design and operation of the physical ground fluid systems
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with code development in one or more of the following: Python, C++, or C#
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Strong working knowledge of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and classical mechanics
- Experience using and troubleshooting ground control systems for remote operations and instrumentation feedback
- Experience using and/or developing fluid systems network solvers
- Experience with big data and analytics
- Experience working as a part of a software development team
- Able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment including daily interactions with engineers and managers
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel to other sites on for implementation and troubleshooting
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.