SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR – COMPOSITES
The Production Coordinator is a critical position within our Composites Production team. This role is responsible for serving as a liaison between different organizations through the company to ensure that components and assembles flow smoothly through the production area to meet stringent deadlines and quality standards. You will be working on a team that will ultimately extend humanity’s reach beyond the earth and the moon!
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the company to ensure timely delivery to next production location.
- Push/pull physical movement of parts through receiving inspection, stock rooms, purchasing, production resources or any applicable work center within SpaceX.
- Promote workflow consistency and accuracy across the company while working to drive down internal logistics lead-time.
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications.
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time delivery.
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate.
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure.
- Update and utilize metrics to drive results as applicable with production personnel.
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all metrics-driven action requirements are completed.
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables and constraints as required for internal and customer use.
- Assist production leadership and project teams with action item updates.
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow.
- Support management of material certifications as required – prevent use of un-certified materials.
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions.
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract work.
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic library for production related tooling and calibration database.
- Support projects or productivity development activities within assigned production cells.
- Support assigned production cells with work order management activities.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3 years of experience supporting departmental administration processes.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in organizing files and documents.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environments.
- SQL and Tableau experience.
- APICS certification.
- Must be open to work either 1st Shift (5:00am-3:30pm) or 2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am), overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.