SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented test specialist to help establish new manufacturing and test processes and eventually ramp to full scale production for the consumer-facing user terminal (a high volume manufactured product that consumers will have in their homes).
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Set up and execute tests for RF and electro-mechanical hardware, using tools such as oscilloscope, DMM, power supplies, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator and arbitrary function generator, as well as custom test racks/scripts.
- Program, load and operate manual and automated test systems.
- Create and execute equipment maintenance and calibration schedules.
- Maintain test consumables inventory.
- Develop test procedures and processes.
- Provide training and support to Production technicians on product testing.
- Support the development of prototype test capabilities for development, production, and life tests.
- Assist in the identification, installation and validation of test equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Triage non-conforming product, and develop permanent solutions for issues found during product tests.
- Work closely with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, and test engineers to ensure a testable product is being developed. Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection.
- Associate degree in electronics or 5 years of experience testing electrical/RF hardware.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field.
- Strong electrical and RF theoretical skills.
- Ability to operate oscilloscope’s, DMM’s, power supplies, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators and arbitrary function generators.
- Familiarity with instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to operate test equipment manually with no computer control. Strong understanding of test equipment function and limitations.
- Knowledge of hand tools.
- Able to proficiently use a PC, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Programming knowledge of Python and C++.
- Experience with electrical test, in circuit and/or bed of nails testing.
- Ability to debug PCBAs down to component level.
- Strong understanding of root cause analysis methodology and how to apply it.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.