SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FABRICATION SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - TEMPORARY
- Perform enormous amount of pipe fitting responsibilities
- Must be able to read and/or interpret measurements from blueprints
- Maintain, trouble shoot, and repair equipment and instrumentation as needed
- Collaborate with engineering team
- Must be proficient at fabricating materials by drawing specs
- Ensure all materials are clean and inspected according to Clean for Oxygen Service Standards
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required
- Follow all necessary regulations and appropriate SpaceX procedures including quality policies, safety policies, OSHA, EPA, NIOSH, NFPA, ASME, NEC, etc.
- Expected to drive forklift and at times lift heavy loads
- Must work be able to work in a team-based environment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs pounds
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 Months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: 1st and 2nd, must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- 2+ years of industrial experience such as installing pipe and components, bending stainless tubes, or working around high pressure systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with plasma cutter, oxy acetylene, grinders, and die-grinder
- Experience in ground support equipment in an aerospace industry
- Experience in boom lifts, forklifts, and scissor lifts
- Mechanical aptitude and experience (work with machines and general tooling)
- Formalized mechanical training, skilled in hand and power tool usage
- A demonstrated experience where quick-thinking and problem solving plays a critical role
- Ability to utilize power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Use of precision measuring instruments
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of hazardous systems – cryogenic, flammable, hypergolic, pyrophoric
- Associate degree
- Experience in the space exploration industry, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- A&P license
- Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 25bs, unassisted
- Ability to work at elevated heights up to 400ft (with proper PPE)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available for overtime, shift work and weekend work as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.