SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Develop and support calibration procedures in compliance with ISO/IEC17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540.3
- Design and implement automated and manual data collection processes
- Act as specialist in ‘applied metrology’ and provide support to manufacturing and design areas in development of appropriate measurement methods, including researching and recommending new technologies, analyzing existing measurement methods, and training as required
- Perform calibration data, uncertainty and risk analysis
- Work closely with metrology technicians to improve current processes and develop new methods for unique measurement challenges
- Work with manufacturing engineers, build reliability engineers and quality engineers to understand their needs and develop measurement techniques, processes and procedures to meet associated requirements
- Work closely with the metrology management to continuously improve the metrology group’s processes, procedures, datasheets and measurement techniques
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience working in an engineering capacity
- Hands-on experience performing measurement system assembly, operation and/or testing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering and/or physics
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Exceptional technical writing ability
- 5+ years of experience working with metrology and metrology methods
- Experience performing measurement uncertainty and risk analysis
- Understanding of applied statistical analysis
- Experience with Excel VBA, Python, MATLAB, and/ or SQL
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with limited resource
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be willing to work extended hours
- Travel up to 15% may be required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.