SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS ANALYST
This is a key role in the finance organization with executive level visibility monitoring and reporting current and future spend infrastructure. The successful candidate will interface with all aspects of the company, including production, engineering, sales, program management, accounting, and executive management.
- Evaluate and implement new forecasting system
- Maintain and execute current SQL based financial reporting system and current Microsoft Forecaster-based financial forecasting system
- Identify and collaborate to automate finance processes
- Create custom reporting and improve existing reporting tools
- Develop and enhance tools to track incurred project and operational costs on a monthly basis
- Conducts ad-hoc analyses as needed to support operational decision making and improve profitability
- Perform a leading role on internal projects, working closely with peer organization to understand key business issues and translate them into financial models and metrics
- Analyze and interpret financial data for use in management reviews and decisions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years within accounting, finance operations, business, economics, or engineering
- Experience with SQL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, finance or accounting
- Experience acting as a finance subject matter expert in the optimization of various enterprise resource planning (ERP) business tools and applications
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau, OLAP tools, applied business analytics and statistics, forecasting and general modeling experience of complex non-linear systems
- Technical background, with some experience in software development and databases
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Experience working with finances/accounting within manufacturing or technology organizations
- Knowledge of reporting, visualization, intelligence and analysis tools
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to regularly interface with executive management
- Strong leadership skills and have a high level of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to frame unstructured and complex analytical problems to a broad audience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.