SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MARKET ANALYSIS LEAD
Reporting directly to the VP of Commercial Sales, the Market Analysis Lead will equip both the Commercial and Government Sales teams with the data and insights necessary to support SpaceX business development. Spanning a broad cross-section of aerospace applications—launch, satellites, operations, services, etc.—the Market Analysis Lead is tasked with synthesizing market trends and opportunities.
- Deliver actionable insights through data analysis and synthesize results in succinct presentations to aid senior management in decision making.
- Dive deep into complex business problems and provide insights into acquisition and demand patterns.
- Create targeting and segmentation schemes to focus sales approach.
- Support business intelligence reporting, marketing execution, and ad hoc analysis.
- Support analysis and targeting of sales efforts through statistical modeling, customer segmentation and profiling, and data mining.
- Develop and maintain authoritative data sources to drive decision-making.
- Actively collaborate to apply learning to other channels/products/business units.
- Reconcile divergent demands of multiple stakeholders in a fast work environment.
- Participate in proposal development.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in strategy, data analysis, and forecasting.
- 2+ years of experience in business development, US Government acquisition, and/or project management.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline or a MBA.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, preferably in a team environment.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to assess market trends that indicate business opportunities several years in the future.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Strong background in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience as a management consultant at one of the top-tier consulting firms.
- Working knowledge of both commercial and government space launch and satellite markets.
- Working knowledge of the DoD acquisition process.
- TS/SCI security clearance.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.