SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT SALES, STARLINK (TOP SECRET CLEARED)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. We are currently expanding on foundational contracts with the US Government related to both fixed and mobility services, as well as our hosted payload business line. As a Director of Government Sales you would be a critical member determining Starlink’s successful adoption by Government customers. You will lead the charge on one or more specific customer agencies or departments and will partner with our technical teams to respond to specific customer needs. You’ll work with a broad degree of autonomy and be key in our shared success.
- Develop and manage SpaceX’s relationships, and business lines, with one or more Government customers.
- Identify, create, shape and own the outcome of business opportunities with those customers cradle to grave.
- Coordinate product and engineering resource availability to execute projects with internal stakeholders prior to sales.
- Own customer issued solicitation responses, including setting strategy, schedule, any external teaming, required analysis, ensuring technical compliance, etc.
- Support a minimum of 50% travel in support of opportunity flow.
- Gather customer requirements and work with the product engineering team to iterate on and improve SpaceX offerings to meet the needs of customers. Additionally, shape customer opportunities to fit Starlink product offerings.
- Represent SpaceX in various forums and effectively communicate highly detailed and accurate information about Starlink and other offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sales or business development role.
- 10 years’ experience with Government programs as a government player or contractor.
- Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Strong understanding of satellite communication technologies and terrestrial network.
- Independently motivated “hunter” with a demonstrated track record of pursuing and closing complex, high-value deals.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude for the products you’ve supported.
- Established networks of relevant contacts
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to relocate to Washington, DC., or Hawthorne, CA.
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.